Re: What packages do you want to see?

On 08/05/2010 13:37, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
On 5/7/2010 10:40 PM, Trent Nelson wrote:

Qt's an interesting one.  TrollTe^WNokia altered the licensing options
available with Qt 4.x, allowing open source projects to freely use the
entire distribution on Windows, but only via the MingW tool chain.

If you want to use the VS tool chain (and all the VS bells and
whistles), you have to purchase a commercial license (regardless of
whether or not your project was open source).

I think my solution was to use the GPL license.  It's been a while, but
essentially Qt was dual licensed; the dual license excludes the ability
to add any constraints to the gnu license [which includes limiting which
compiler, etc were used].  There is no problem compiling with msvc, but
there is a problem combining it with closed source.

Ah, well whaddya' know, you're right: http://qt.nokia.com/downloads#lgpl

You can choose between minGW or VS builds, which is pretty neat. (It definitely hasn't always been like that.)

+1 to a CoApp'd Qt, then ;-)

	Trent.