Re: WGet as a case study

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 12:15 AM, Adam Baxter <voltagex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Most, if not all of you should know of wget

Hmm, just reading the word wget put me to sleep for a minute.  How
about something cool like Blender for a case study.  I cannot imagine
wanting to read a paper about how the wonderful wget ended up on
windows.

I know wget is important to you, so by all means go for it, and it
does not appear on my priority list.

Anyways, I think zlib is going to be the first out of the gate,
considering this is at the center of the dependency graph for almost
the entire universe (exaggerating only a bit naturally).

Upstream project files are not likely to be used very often.  They do
all sorts of crazy things and should be only used as references in
most situations. Co-Opt them is my opinion.

--
Ted Bullock <tbullock@xxxxxxxxxxx>