Re: Anyone with OData experience out there?

On 5/20/2010 11:37 AM, Nasser Dassi wrote:
Gotta love strict OOP.

Not touching ANY of the data (i.e. passing XML between front-end and
back-end) is most recommended in this day and age -- as SQL Server 2008
natively supports XML data type.

... and I have experience doing that cuz I hate having a middle layer do
anything to data (besides wrap some security around it and its
transmission).

I understand what you're saying, but I don't think we can avoid the need to build an intermediate, programmatic representation of the data and metadata. From what I can tell, the logic in DataServiceProvider that parses the OData query strings operates against an in-memory model, as opposed to, say, applying XSLT transformations.

I mean, we could obviously write something to do it any way we wish, but the intent behind this thread was to see how much OData stuff is already out there that we can leverage before we need to start re-implementing things ourselves.

	Trent.