Re: Questions, Questions, Questions

On 8/12/2010 9:18 PM, Garrett Serack wrote:

We're NEVER GONNA UPGRADE using MSI.

NEVER.

Windows Installer fucked this up, and we're not gonna follow. We always want it physically possible to have two versions installed. This is the secret sauce to "No Reboots. Fucking Ever." :D

Heh - this may get REALLY fun when you get to say... a database or a web app with data lying around... Are we going to provide some way to migrate that data during an "upgrade" - cause if not we'll have some pretty angry users. "My mysql upgraded and all my data is gone..."

Sigh.... (generic windows users)

Thanks,
Elizabeth M Smith