From: coapp-developers-bounces+garretts=microsoft.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:coapp-developers-bounces+garretts=microsoft.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eric Schultz
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 12:38 PM
To: coapp-developers
Subject: [Coapp-developers] Legally including Wix code

This is mainly a question for Garrett but I figured someone else might stumble upon this issue too so I figured I'd send it to all.

I'm creating an XSD schema to describe the input xml for mkPackage. For that I want to be able to restrict the type of data entered into certain attributes. These are primarily simple types such as restricting the a Version attribute to string types that are proper version strings. I could write these by hand, it wouldn't take TOO long to figure out the regular expressions, maybe 10 minutes but the Wix schema already has them defined. Since this Wix is licensed under the CPL and CoApp's licensed under the Apache license can their code be included in ours? I know this isn't a serious issue either way but we could run into situations where large pieces of their code could be integrated so it'd be nice to know either way.

Eric