A few more questions...

Hi everyone, hope your weekend is starting well. I've got a few questions
for the group.

- With a SharedLib will there ever be a file with that role that is NOT part
of an assembly? For example, let's say we are installing a package to
c:\apps\.installed\coapp\python\2.6.1.1. In this folder, we have two
assemblies (with shortened names for ease of explanation), assm_x86.dll (and
a manifest and cat file and any other files it needs) and assm_x64 (and a
manifest and cat file and any other files it need). Will there ever be a
situation where there will be files (not sub-folders)
in c:\apps\.installed\coapp\python\2.6.1.1 that belong to NEITHER assembly?

-Do .lib files need to be signed for inclusion in a CoApp package? I'd
assume yes but I don't think I've ever heard of .lib files being using in a
SxS assembly.

-Do all the assemblies in a package need to be signed with the same
certificate as each other and with the package MSI itself?

-How are we planning on passing in certificates? Will we expect them in
files of some sort and if so, what type (.pfx, .cer, .p7b)? Will they get
them from the Windows Certificate Store and if so, how?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Eric

Follow ups