UPDATE: Building CoApp projects from Source

Building CoApp

0. You need to have the following tools installed in order to build CoApp:

    Visual Studio 2010 (I'm told that VS 2010 Express will work)
    Windows SDK 7.0 or higher -- http://bit.ly/bOoxJT
    Windows WDK 7.1 -- http://bit.ly/cU1lvH
    Bazaar for Windows 2.2.0 -- http://bit.ly/d0CSvw (get the standalone installer)
    Putty (& Pageant) -- http://bit.ly/awE3jd  --get the putty-0.60-installer.exe

When you install the SDKs, you should use the default install directory--it'll save a lot of hassle.

1. Create/Register a SSH public key with Launchpad.

2. Run Pageant, load your private key.

2.5 Log into bzr/Launchpad
    (make sure that pageant is running with your private key loaded)

    > bzr lp-login <username>

3. From the command line:

    > cd c:\projects                (or wherever you want to checkout the code)
    > md coapp
    > cd coapp

    > bzr branch lp:coapp-solution    (needed for all projects)

To grab **Everything** (engine, tools, bootstrap)

    > cscript coapp-solution\Checkout-Projects.js

To grab just the individual projects:

Engine:
    > bzr branch lp:coapp-engine        (use the coapp-engine.sln in coapp-solution)

Bootstrap:
    > bzr branch lp:coapp-bootstrap     (use the coapp-bootstrap.sln in coapp-solution)

Tools:
    > bzr branch lp:coapp-toolkit       (use coapp-tools.sln in coapp-solution)
    > bzr branch lp:coapp-cli
    > bzr branch lp:coapp-mkpackage
    > bzr branch lp:coapp-mkproject
    > bzr branch lp:coapp-mkspec
    > bzr branch lp:coapp-scan
    > bzr branch lp:coapp-smartmanifest
    > bzr branch lp:coapp-solution

To build coapp-trace, you need Detours which is a commercially licensed
component. We've got a license, but we can't redist the source or library.

    > bzr branch lp:coapp-trace

Open up the appropriate .sln in Visual Studio. Ctrl-Shift-B to build
Everything builds to the ...\coapp\output\<plat>\<debug|release> \bin directory.
(ie: ...\coapp\output\x86\release\bin\CoApp.exe)

---

Summary of changes:
    - moved coapp-solution to be a peer project
    - common properties files now referenced as $(SolutionDir)..\coapp-solution
      * this allows new .sln files to be in the project folders too
    - .NET projects should all produce ANYCPU binaries regardless of build
      * except for mkProject -- it's relying on 32 bit COM objects, always
        builds as x86.
    - local.props now senses between two versions of WDK
    - some projects are now using a project level .props file for settings common
      to all configurations (bootstrap, trace)

Follow ups