From: coapp-developers-bounces+garretts=microsoft.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [coapp-developers-bounces+garretts=microsoft.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Philip Allison [mangobrain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 6:53 AM
To: coapp-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Coapp-developers] Engine APIs required by Bootstrap

Is __int64 the most preferred type for large file support?  Having had to fix programs with large file issues in the past (and not always succeeding, thanks to broken libraries), I've grown pedantic about the usage of correct types.  AFAIK, the preferred methodology for POSIX platforms is to use off_t to represent file offsets/sizes, and build with relevant compiler flags for large file support (which sadly differ across implementations).  Is there a similar preferred methodology when working with Visual Studio compilers?

Regards,
Phil