Re: A few quick updates

A bit involved? It is a beautiful process that simply could never be
improved upon :)

Alright maybe it could be A LITTLE :)
On Feb 3, 2011 10:15 AM, "Garrett Serack" <garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Howdy folks,
>
> I'll be publishing our first binaries next week (command line package
installer, trace, scan mkPackage tools, engine, and my little Quicktool )

> This first cut will have the basic functionality of the package installer
working, complete with dependency resolution, ATOM feed support and
downloading of dependent packages.

> I should also have full support for installation of NuGet packages, and
I'm working on support for non-coapp MSI.

> If you haven't seen the quick-teaser video: http://j.mp/gkVbfF
>
> Of course, next we're gonna need some packages, for which Eric has a
working version of the mkPackage tool, and while the package creation
process is still a bit involved, seems to be working not too-terribly-badly.
:D

> I'm wondering if I could find a couple of volunteers to work on adapting
the NuGet Package server (written in C#/ASP.NET on top of Orchard, uses
OData) to provide us with an awesome live package server. I'd like to get
this running by the end of February, so that once we start getting some
packages, we have a nice service to host them.

> The mkSpec/mkProject tools are still work-in-progress, I took a detour to
stop and build the engine and command-line-installer.

> We're also starting work on a kick-ass gui that I think will knock
people's socks off!

> Once the binaries get posted, I'd love to chat about some testing,
documentation and bug filing work that we're gonna need done.

http://fearthecowboy.com/>

> Garrett Serack | Microsoft Open Source Software Developer | Microsoft
Corporation
garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
@fearthecowboy<http://twitter.com/fearthecowboy>

> I don't make the software you use; I make the software you use better on
Windows.