Package Metadata fields

Hey Eric,

I'm not sure what your notes have for our metadata conversations, but here's what I need to make sure we get in the package (that I don't already see):

Table: CO_PACKAGE_PROPERTIES
*description - while we've already got a description, I'd like to see two description fields, one "summary description" , intended to be short (~140chars or so?) and one longer, that permits HTML (we'll do some filtering on the 'permitted' html later).
summary_description - (see previous)
*feed_location - the URL of a feed that should have information of any updated versions (might be a foreign key(GUID) to the CO_URLS table?)
*original_location - the URL of the original location that the MSI should be found (might be a foreign key(GUID) to the CO_URLS table?)
publish_date- the 'canonical' date for the package. Is it possible to expand this into a DateTime?
icon- base-64-encoded 256x256 PNG

Table: CO_PUBLISHER
*location - URL a cosmetic value for the publisher (might be a foreign key(GUID) to the CO_URLS table?)
*email - an contact email for the publisher of the package.

Table: *CO_CONTRIBUTOR - new table to hold the contributors (aka, original author, etc) that went into making a package.
name - URL a cosmetic value for the contributor
*location - URL a cosmetic value for the contributor (might be a foreign key(GUID) to the CO_URLS table?)
*email - an contact email for the contributor to the package.

*asterisk items are optional (but encouraged!)

It would probably be a good idea to pull the data for dependent packages right from the packages themselves (ie, open them using the coapp.toolkit.engine) and stuff as much info about them into the consumer package... this will significantly improve the perf and intelligence of package resolution. (ie, include information about *their* publishers in the publisher table...)

FYI: I haven't yet worked out how we're supporting 'flavor' ...

If you have other stuff we talked about, post it in a reply, so that I remember what it was :D

Garrett Serack | Microsoft's Open Source Software Developer | Microsoft Corporation
Office:(425)706-7939                                       email/messenger: garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
blog: http://fearthecowboy.com<http://fearthecowboy.com/>                                      twitter: @fearthecowboy<http://twitter.com/fearthecowboy>

I don't make the software you use; I make the software you use better on Windows.

GIF image