Re: Simulating Symlinks on Windows XP

I think it's a testament to Wine if CoApp works on it; less so, vice-versa.

I think when we get to CoApp V2 it'll be a bit easier.

From: coapp-developers-bounces+garretts=microsoft.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:coapp-developers-bounces+garretts=microsoft.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eric Schultz
Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2011 12:44 PM
To: William A. Rowe Jr.
Cc: coapp-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Coapp-developers] Simulating Symlinks on Windows XP

I know it sounds crazy at first. Consider though the situation of a Windows-only program with dependencies on CoApp packages that someone wants to install on Linux. It would be nice if installing that didn't fail.

Again, it's not a particularly pressing issue just something to think about.

Eric
On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 8:34 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wmrowe@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:wmrowe@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
On 4/7/2011 8:06 PM, Eric Schultz wrote:
> I wonder what effect all this will have on CoApp package installation on WINE. Obviously
> that not a pressing issue but its probably something to consider going forward.
 . Entire point of CoApp - running OSS packages natively

Let's see, what is it going to take to run coapp on wine on sfu on windows?

EBYDESIGN?