CoApp Trace RC1 download

Howdy,

The CoApp trace utility is used to trace a process and all of its children (by recursively injecting itself and detouring CreateProcess ) which logs all the command lines, files accessed (read/written/created/deleted/probed) and dumps it all into an XML file.

It will transparently trace between x64 -> x86 and back without issue. It traces .NET (4.0) binaries as well as native, and even cygwin binaries.

The utility is somewhat unique-it's built using significantly modified detours.  Our modifications actually allow us to create our detour functions in entirely Managed code (example: http://fearthecowboy.com/stuff/tmp-2011-04-19-100924-14.html ) and the hooks are wired up based on attributes on the functions themselves.  The Detours library here is a hybrid Managed C++ library.

You can download the utility here: http://j.mp/hvTuCG  (zip file, no installer yet!)

Feel free to try it out;  I'd love any feedback you may have.

Garrett Serack | Microsoft Open Source Software Developer | Microsoft Corporation
Office:(425)706-7939                                       email/messenger: garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
blog: http://fearthecowboy.com<http://fearthecowboy.com/>                                      twitter: @fearthecowboy<http://twitter.com/fearthecowboy>

I don't make the software you use; I make the software you use better on Windows.

GIF image

Follow ups