From: coapp-developers-bounces+hanrahat=microsoft.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:coapp-developers-bounces+hanrahat=microsoft.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Garrett Serack
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:54 AM
To: Garrett Serack; Philip Allison; coapp-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Coapp-developers] MinGW and Gnulib

Process for installing Mingw (Could someone volunteer to put this into the wiki?):

from a command prompt:
    mkdir c:\MinGW
    cd c:\MinGW

    REM or download the following elsewise if you don't have wget
    wget "http://j.mp/kMkmzR";
    unzip mingw-get-0.2-mingw32-alpha-3-bin.zip
    cd bin
    mingw-get.exe install gcc g++ mingw32-make msys-base

    PATH=%PATH%;c:\mingw\bin

    C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\msys.bat

Which will open a new window, where you can run:

    /postinstall/pi.sh

You will see:

    This is a post install process that will try to normalize between
    your MinGW install if any as well as your previous MSYS installs
    if any.  I don't have any traps as aborts will not hurt anything.
    Do you wish to continue with the post install? [yn ]

Answer: y

You will see:

    Do you have MinGW installed? [yn ]

Answer: y

You will see:

    Please answer the following in the form of c:/foo/bar.
    Where is your MinGW installation?

Answer: c:/mingw

You will see:

    Creating /etc/fstab with mingw mount bindings.
            Normalizing your MSYS environment.

    You have script /bin/cmd

    Oh joy, you do not have c:/mingw/bin/make.exe. Keep it that way.

And it's done.