Re: shallow forking feedback

I can see the trouble with the clean script; I think the internally-generated batch file is missing a command to change the drive letter (it has a CD in it...) ... I'll fix that this morning.

I'll add in the registry check for the tools too... that's pretty trivial; if a little quirky (since MS tends to have little regard to keeping such things consistent; and certainly never really cares about anyone when they change that).

Just so I'm clear, you've installed VS (& the SDK) to a location not in %PROGRAMFILES% or %PROGRAMFILES(x86)% ?

From: coapp-developers-bounces+garretts=microsoft.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:coapp-developers-bounces+garretts=microsoft.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andreas Schiffler
Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2011 9:22 PM
To: Rafael Rivera
Cc: coapp-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Coapp-developers] shallow forking feedback

I have a system install on a smallish SSD drive as C: but all software is installed to the largish standard HD as E: ... so the search scheme of ptk won't work in that case. It is probably better to also check the registry and find the actual installation path of the tools.

As for C:\Users and E:\Users, the user folders was also initially on C: but I copied its relocatable content over to E: and then relinked these folders using the "Location" tab of their Properties (i.e. see here for this method: http://www.w7forums.com/change-location-my-documents-folder-t338.html). Again the ptk target directory scheme may not take that into account.

As mentioned below, my clean-command section only contains one line:
    attrib -S -H -R *

Thanks,
Andreas