Re: Volunteer to help with GCC command line analysis...

Where is the CoApp spec that discusses what kind of mappings you're talking about in this email? I'm unclear of the goals.

There's some data here that might help:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/predef/index.php?title=Main_Page
and to a lesser degree:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Platform_Dependent_Issues#Compiler_Options_and_Flags

I seem to recall the MSC team having some spreadsheets that mapped things between MSC, Borland, Intel or IBM (?), and GCC (probably 2.x). So they could track memory models and calling convention compat, I think. You might ask if the current VC PM if they still have this data, and can use a subset of it for this public project.

And wouldn't there be something related in MinGW's use of MSCRT with GCC, that'd help for this mapping?

Why are you looking at 100% of the GCC switches? Why not use the subset that CMake or Autotools use, that's got to reduce the complexity for initial release, right? IMO, if Autotools or CMake don't generate that switch, then perhaps it's not too interesting to deal with for initial CoApp release.

If you can't look at the Autotools or CMake source, you could probably run CMake against a test app, then look at it's generated MSC and GCC build scripts. And those'll probably become your initial tests for this feature, anyway.

PS: The Eclipse CDT MSVC toolchain project would also like to have this data, I expect. :-) That'd solve half their problem, for the other, they'll have to deal with the Windbg/NTSD debugger API and mapping that to the Eclipse debugger interface (but at least there's a good API now).
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/designs/msvc