Re: I think we'll want to fork gnulib

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 1:55 AM, Adam Baxter <voltagex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Do you end up with an #ifdef soup with this approach?

> The two things that spring to mind here:
> * Library A needs work to make it good for us. Library A is then updated -
> what work do we need to do keep pace with mainline?

Glare at it sternly.

Honestly most of the work in these cases gets put on setting up the
build system around whichever #ifdef patterns are necessary get things
to build, and patching in new #ifdef commands if necessary.

Point is to create a single diff against the source (not the build
stuff) which can be inspected for changes when new versions arrive.

> * Do we try to get Windows specific patches integrated back upstream at any
> time?

I thought this was clear. The answer would be yes if they'll have
them, maintain them out of tree otherwise.

--
Ted Bullock <tbullock@xxxxxxxxxxx>