community-agile team mailing list archive

Welcome to Community-Agile!

Hi,

Thank-you for joining the Community-Agile team. Now that the
initial paper is out and a few days have elapsed, I thought it
would be useful to let everyone know how things are progressing.

Here are the main things done so far:

1. Published the Manifesto for Community-Agile Software Guidance.

2. Published the overview paper explaining the values, principles
   and practices.

3. Created a project, team and mailing list on Launchpad.

4. Purchased the community-agile.org domain.

Other things happening are:

1. A wiki for the project is on its way.

2. Dave Anderson has agreed that we can use one of the logos
   (triad) that he submitted to the Launchpad logo competition.
   He is hoping to come up with something even better though
   so please provide feedback to Dave when he sends mock-ups
   and artwork to the list.

3. I'm experimenting with Sphinx as the technology to use
   for building the downloadable web site documenting the
   core process framework projects can build on.

4. The word is spreading. Steve Alexander spoke at EuroPython
   about Community-Agile and Joey Stanford and Barry Warsaw
   discussed it at length during the latest Launchpod. A
   presentation will be given at OSCON about it and I'm
   hoping it will be discussed during the Agile 2008
   conference happening shortly after that.

Here are some things I'd like some volunteers for:

1. Creating an IRC channel on freenode.net.

2. Updating/monitoring Wikipedia with information about
   Community-Agile.

3. Getting the word out to the Agile and FOSS communities.
   Perhaps someone could upload the paper to the Agile Alliance
   library, submit an article to Slashdot, InfoQ, etc.?

4. Think about existing projects you work on. Are they using
   Community-Agile practices already? Once we have a wiki
   page titled "Who uses Community-Agile?" with columns for
   the various practices, can we list those projects and how
   many practices can we tick for each one?

So once again, thanks for joining the Community-Agile project
and welcome! Our goal is a modest one - changing the way the
world *thinks* about software processes by delivering a
software process framework that communities love to use.
How hard can it be? :-) :-)

Ian C.