compiz team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~hypodermia/ubuntu/oneiric/compiz/fix-for-bug-301174 into lp:ubuntu/compiz

I'm not a compiz dev, so my input may be overruled by someone who is, but I think this should use a named event sound rather than manually specifying a filename - that way, (a) depending on sound-theme-freedesktop (which libcanberra does) guarantees that the sound file exists, and (b) allows the sound-theme to be configured in the “Sound” capplet, with the rest of the sounds.

http://0pointer.de/public/sound-naming-spec.html suggests “bell-window-system” (which should fallback to “bell” in the freedesktop theme) would be the right choice.

This looks like it should go upstream first - Sam, do you have any comments on this?

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~hypodermia/ubuntu/oneiric/compiz/fix-for-bug-301174/+merge/64632
Your team compiz packagers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~hypodermia/ubuntu/oneiric/compiz/fix-for-bug-301174 into lp:ubuntu/compiz.