compiz team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 919437] Re: Lost window, cannot get it back.
I'm using 2 worskpaces (vsize = 1, hsize=2) and tried what comment #2
said. On the very first try I lost my window towards the bottom of the
screen in the left desktop. I enabled 2x2 and I found it in the 3rd
workspace (lower left that I never had enabled before). I can replicate
it every single time I try.
1) Put 2 worskpaces (vsize = 1, hsize=2) and the grid plugin active.
2) Move a terminal to the left end to the screen so the grid plugin changes it reshapes it to the left half of the screen.
3) Put the cursor in the center of the terminal windows (vertical and horizontal center).
4) ALT + CLICK and move the cursor down.
5) The window unsnaps about where I have the cursor but 1 full workspace/screen down.
6) Enable 2x2 to recover it.
I tested this because I thought it was related to an issue I had with
the wall/move plugin. When I enable "edge flipping move" on wall and
move windows between workspaces the windows appears several inches away
from the grab point (grab hand cursor is several inches away from where
I grabbed the window before dragging it to another workspace). One time
the windows I assume appeared so far away from where I grabbed it that
it disappeared. It probably entered a different workspace too.
In both cases the window appears several inches away from the grab point
since when I did what comment #2, I grabbed a snapped terminal near the
middle and when it unsnapped it appeared so much below where I grabbed
it that it appeared in workspace #3.
You received this bug notification because you are a member of compiz
packagers, which is subscribed to compiz in Ubuntu.
Lost window, cannot get it back.
To manage notifications about this bug go to: