compiz team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 950160] Re: Unity blocks other programs from binding globally to Super+* (* = any key)
There is a fix in testing here:
I tested the packages in the PPA on a Dell XPS13 with 12.04 and all of the latest updates from precise-updates. My findings:
1) The display switch hotkey now works; pressing it cycles through video modes as expected. The 'p' character is not emitted.
2) A side effect of the fix is that the dash opens when you press the display switch hotkey
I think the side effect needs to be fixed.
Some more information about the side effect:
* The display switch hotkey is Fn-F1
* If you press Fn-F1 and release both Fn and F1 at the same time, the dash opens
* If you press Fn-F1 and release F1 before releasing Fn, the the dash does not open
* If you press Fn-F1 and release Fn before releasing F1, the dash opens
* If you press Fn-F1 and do not release either key, the Unity keyboard shortcuts window opens
The packages I tested from the PPA were:
and the corresponding versions of libunity-core-5.0-5, unity-common, unity-services, compiz-core, compiz-gnome, and compiz-plugins-default
You received this bug notification because you are a member of compiz
packagers, which is subscribed to compiz in Ubuntu.
Unity blocks other programs from binding globally to Super+* (* = any
To manage notifications about this bug go to: