compiz team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 1232299] Re: Compiz doesn't undo profile change after processing upgrade
** Description changed:
gnome-session-flashback (Flashback (No Effects)) which runs with Metacity works fine.
gnome-session-flashback (Flashback) which runs with Compiz starts Unity instead.
It works very well with Metacity, but if you use Compiz, then you get a
conflict with Unity. That is; you get both Unity and Gnome Panel running
at the same time.
- ProblemType: Bug
- DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.10
- Package: gnome-session-flashback 1:3.6.2-0ubuntu15
- ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.11.0-8.15-generic 3.11.1
- Uname: Linux 3.11.0-8-generic x86_64
- ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu1
- Architecture: amd64
- Date: Sat Sep 28 01:18:08 2013
- GsettingsChanges: b'org.gnome.gnome-panel.run-dialog' b'history' b"['compiz', 'ubuntu-bug fontconfig', 'update-manager -c -d']"
- InstallationDate: Installed on 2011-10-21 (707 days ago)
- InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Release amd64 (20111012)
- MarkForUpload: True
- PackageArchitecture: all
- SourcePackage: gnome-panel
- UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to saucy on 2013-09-16 (11 days ago)
+ [Test Case]
+ (1) make sure both the gnome-session-flashback and the ubuntu-session packages are
+ (2) at the lightdm prompt, select the guest session using the GNOME Flashback (Compiz)
+ desktop environment and log in
+ (3) you should not see the Unity Launcher
+ [Regression Potential]
+ Because this change involves Compiz confiurations, it has the potential
+ to lose or modify those data in unexpected or undesirable ways.
+ Recovery from such a situation involves manually resetting those
You received this bug notification because you are a member of compiz
packagers, which is subscribed to compiz in Ubuntu.
Compiz doesn't undo profile change after processing upgrade
To manage notifications about this bug go to: