compiz team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 1299741] Re: Shadows shouldn't wrap around to other workspaces/monitors
Attached debdiff between trusty-updates and SRU.
** Description changed:
- I suppose this could be seen as a matter of design opinion but, in my
- opinion, it's incredibly ugly. To reproduce, launch a whole bunch (10,
- 20, a lot) of windows on workspace 2, and position them on or near the
- right edge. Then switch to workspace 1, and observe the massive black
- blob on the left of the screen. This really doesn't make a whole lot of
- sense visually, and it's pretty ugly, IMO.
+ [ Impact ]
+ Window shadows can be seen on adjacent workspaces.
+ [ Test Case ]
+ To reproduce, launch a whole bunch (10, 20, a lot) of windows on
+ workspace 2, and position them on or near the right edge. Then switch
+ to workspace 1, and observe the massive black blob on the left of the
+ [ Regression Potential ]
+ Any code change to the Unity desktop shell could potentially introduce a
+ new crash or lockup.
+ [ Other Info ]
+ The SRU fix for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS was cherry-picked from Ubuntu 14.10
+ where it has been in production use for some time without apparent
** Patch added: "debdiff between unity_7.2.3+14.04.20140826-0ubuntu1 and unity_7.2.4+14.04.20141217-0ubuntu1"
You received this bug notification because you are a member of compiz
packagers, which is subscribed to compiz in Ubuntu.
Shadows shouldn't wrap around to other workspaces/monitors
To manage notifications about this bug go to: