compiz team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 1353675] Re: _NET_WM_FULLSCREEN_MONITORS not handled correctly
* VirtualBox and other multi-monitor full-screen applications using the
freedesktop.org standard are not displayed in a usable way when running
multi-monitor full-screen in Unity without this fix.
* The bug makes the above set-up unusable. Low regression potential as
this is an obvious fix for something which works correctly in other
major window managers which were tested, so applications are unlikely to
depend on the bug.
* The proposed fix corrects an obviously incorrect use of an internal
* detailed instructions how to reproduce the bug
* these should allow someone who is not familiar with the affected
package to reproduce the bug and verify that the updated package fixes
* I do not see a likelihood of regressions, as the fix makes Unity
correctly implement a standard which other window managers already
correctly implement. Please feel free to discuss.
* I believe that any theoretical regressions would involve applications
running in full-screen mode.
* I think this process is very heavyweight for a simple bug fix which addresses what should be a very obvious programming mistake to any of your developers who cares to review it. This does not increase my interest in contributing to Ubuntu in future.
You received this bug notification because you are a member of compiz
packagers, which is subscribed to compiz in Ubuntu.
_NET_WM_FULLSCREEN_MONITORS not handled correctly
To manage notifications about this bug go to: