compiz team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 1322751] Re: Compiz running on Intel Haswell GPU has 100% CPU usage when computer is locked
I faced exaclty the same problem with my system.
I already reported ad bug, now linked to this bug as duplicate.
Again, I confirm (for me):
- When I switch off "screen lock" and wait for screen fades out problem does NOT happen.
- In contrast if I lock screen manually (eg.: Alt-Ctrl-L or xdg-screensaver lock from x-terminal) compiz occupies one core 100%. Due to this fan starts.
I also tested: the https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/compiz/+bug/969860
but it does not solve my problem, because compiz 100% CPU usage is not linked with power saving of monitor, but lock screen.
- Fresh install of Ubuntu 15.10 (plus some other non-desktop or gnome related packages)
- All energy consumption related settings are default (I have not changed them till now).
- Laptop: ACER Aspire V3-371
- CPU: Intel Core i5-5257U
- GPU: Intel Iris grapics 6100
- Display: 1920x1080 internal laptop display, no other display ever plugged in.
- 8G RAM
- 120G SSD
You received this bug notification because you are a member of compiz
packagers, which is subscribed to compiz in Ubuntu.
Compiz running on Intel Haswell GPU has 100% CPU usage when computer
To manage notifications about this bug go to: