context team mailing list archive

Re: ConTeXt minimals for FreeBSD AMD64

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 11:12 PM, Michael Krauss wrote:
> Hello Mojca,
>
> on Christmas I migrated my second machine from FreeBSD i386 to
> FreeBSD AMD64. Till now there are no context minimals for AMD64.

Can you please check if the minimals work OK now?

> But
> unlike a month ago on OpenSolaris, I was able to build the binaries
> without problems:

Taco has fixed quite some compilation bugs recently thanks to all the
people who reported all the possible and impossible compilation issues
on almost every single platform that existed :) :)

(So I guess that we lost you for Open Solaris now? :)

One more question for the other two FreeBSD-ers: we now have
      i*86) platform="freebsd" ;;
      x86_64) platform="freebsd" ;;
      amd64) platform="freebsd-amd64" ;;
Where does x86_64 belong? To the first or to the second group? Should
freebsd alone be renamed or is it ok to leave only freebsd there?

> So at least for FreeBSD AMD64 I can provide binaries through subversion
> on a regular basis.

Just send me the desired username/password.

Mojca

PS: Hans, can you please update mtx-update.lua (["freebsd-amd64"] =
"freebsd-amd64") and mtxrun.lua?

        elseif name == "freebsd" then
            local architecture = os.arch()
            if architecture:find("amd64") then
                return "freebsd-amd64"
            else --if architecture == 'i386' or 'x86_64': not sure about x86_64
                return "freebsd"
            end
        end