context team mailing list archive

Re: test files

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
Hello,

I have created a few files to present some idea about test repository
for ConTeXt.

Test files should answer several questions, among others:
- Do test documents compile?
- Do they generate correct result (in comparison to some older distribution)?

The second problem is slightly more complex since it requires parallel
installations of ConTeXt and bitmap comparisons, but the first part
should be relatively easy to implement. The idea is to check if
formats can be generated at all, do some basic tests, do some
extensive tests by trying to load all the possible fonts that are
supposed to be part of dstribution (font names change over time, ...),

well, just checking if something runs is already a step

(sanjoy has done some comparison stuff already)

See http://svn.contextgarden.net/minimals/test/compile (or README one
folder up). The idea is to run
    mtxrun --script test
inside that folder. It doesn't work yet and I think that I got it
wrong the first time (a simple lua table is not enough to offer enough
flexibility to do the testing - I would rather put a simple lua script
into each folder, not only table, using some common functions defined
in "master" file mtx-test.lua), but just to start some brainstorming.
One thing that would be nice to add would be some tagging, so that one
could run only some tests like font tests (or skip the font tests) for
example ...

looks interesting

maybe you can best run in batch mode and afterwards parse the log for "error"

what do you expect from me?

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE