context team mailing list archive

Re: update before building & fixing some issues

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 08:34, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Just in case - please update the building script before executing it
>> since location of metapost binary has changed.
>
> Trick: all luatex builds now also build mpost as part of the
> process, you can as well use that one.

Interesting :)
I wanted to ask you if there's some simple way to figure out which
version of mpost comes with luatex, but maybe that's not relevant. We
can delete the mpost version entry and just assume that it matches
whatever version has been shipped with luatex.

Is there some way to check if metapost has been changed at all when
you update luatex? And what do you do when you only release a new
metapost and no new luatex?

>> Taco - we had to re-add dvitomp binary a while ago for some reason I
>> forgot. Is that file still needed and why (not)?
>
> You can copy 'mpost' (1.200) to 'dvitomp', and it will behave like
> dvitomp. It is needed by texexec when it is asked to generate labels.

OK, so I'll just make a symlink for all architectures then.

Mojca