context team mailing list archive

Re: some changes in binary compilation

Hello,

I have frozen auto-updating the minimals for a short while and will
unfreeze again once I make sure that everything works.

The script to build binaries has been tested on linux (though not
extensively) and seems to work (more-or-less). I cannot test on my
computer yet since network is too slow and there might be some minor
problems still present.

I have added luatex_trunk in addition to luatex and removed the
"current"/"latest" level on "src" side. On binary side I renamed
"experimental" to "current" and current" to "old. My SVN client wasn't
able to handle that, so I had to do "rm -rf bin/<platform>" and let
the script create that folder again. On another machine it updated
without problems.

Please do the following before running the next build:

a) use "svn up" to update build-binaries.sh first
b) if you would like to save network traffic you may optionally do
    mv src/current/* src/
but there's no other functional difference apart from time & traffic saving

c) you may try to remove "bin/<platform>" (in advance or afterwards)
in case svn causes problems

The binaries won't fly to minimals until I unfreeze the updating
mechanism again. In case you run into problems when running the new
script please let me know.

I'll fix a few more bits after I come home, patch the TL updater with
Norbert's sources and then try to keep away for a while. Hans gave a
nice idea about archiving (rsnapshot), but that won't be implemented
at this moment yet (unless someone else wants to try it).

If TL ConTeXt packages start working properly, users will be able to
archive their old packages inside TeX Live. (The ability to go back to
some older ConTeXt current turned out not to suffice.)

(We started rewriting server-side scripts gradually with Arthur, but
that's basically invisible to users, however helpful if anyone will
have to jump in with modifications.)

Mojca