context team mailing list archive

Re: TL repositories on contextgarden

On Mo, 04 Mai 2009, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> I finally arrived home (despite oversleeping the station in Wien it
> all turned out ok :)

Good to hear, anyway, you can always drop me a line and stay at my place
if there is need.

> I noticed the problem of updates (apparently the version). I tried to
> set the version to 100000, but I made a typo, so it didn't help.

Hehe.

> Apparently the version in TL got update for whatever reason and I
> didn't put the repository into cron (probably I should, I was just
> waiting for the patch).

Yes that happens.

> I'm thinking about the following:
> - if ConTeXt version gets updated, call the script that only updates ConTeXt
> - if repository with binaries updates, run the script and update all
> the luatex-s

You could have two different web repositories, one for luatex and one
for context. That would make it easier.

> I know that I should try this before asking, but just curious: if I
> run the script and version gets updated by one - will the clients
> compare md5sum or will the clients update just because the version has
> been updated by one? In any case it probably makes sense if there have

Only the revision number in the tlpdb counts, nothing else.

> I will most probably decide to make sure that the version gets updated
> to at least 1000 above TL since users that updated from garden once

Not a good idea ... well, maybe yes. If you make sure that you are
always newer than TL then adding 1000000 should make sure that we
never overtake you ;-)

> Assuming that I can parse the version of context and luatex before
> creating TL package - what's the most appropriate field/position to
> put the version information there?

catalogue-version is the appropiate field, and only that one, usage:
	%cat = $tlpobj->cataloguedata;
	$cat{"version"} = "what-ever-version";
	$tlpobj->cataloguedata(%cat);
(at least I hope so)

Attached is my latest version. Unpack wherever you want on the
contextgarden, then read the contained README, it should explain
everything.

But mind, still the logic for adjusting the revision number is the same.

And there is *NO* check whether anything has actually changed ...

Well, if you would have the context-minimals in a subversion repository
it would be easier ;-)

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@xxxxxxxx>        Vienna University of Technology
Debian Developer <preining@xxxxxxxxxx>                         Debian TeX Group
LINDISFARNE (adj.)
Descriptive of the pleasant smell of an empty biscuit tin.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff