context team mailing list archive

Re: Luatex 0.43.0 announcement

On 2009-08-27, Piotr Kopszak wrote:
> I have just built successfully 0.43.0 on lenny ppc. Is there any
> special reason you build on sarge?

Yes. I have tried building on a more recent machine and then quite
some people using older systems were unable to execute the binary. For
you it might not be such a big issue since there are probably not many
linux ppc users wanting to install the latest context while insisting
to keep working on an ancient system :) :) :)

For linux on i386 architecture it's a bit different since the system
is often installed by an admin and user has no choice. (The binaries
built on recent system didn't work on the old contextgarden for
example.)

Mojca