context team mailing list archive

Re: One more arch (OS X, snow leopard)

> I tried to boot into 64-bit kernel and it seems to work OK.

And a short benchmark shows that the same document runs 10.6 seconds
on average with 32-bit LuaTeX and 5.9 seconds on average with 64-bit
LuaTeX (I made sure to make at least 5 runs before measuring).

Both tests were performed on 64-bit kernel running with all other
binaries but LuaTeX being the same.

So that's in contradiction with Yue's observation that 64-bit LuaTeX
runs slower. (Though it may be biased. I wouldn't be surprised if Mac
OS X tries to run some kind of "virtualizer" for 32-bit binaries.)

Mojca