context team mailing list archive

Re: new building scripts (important)

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 8:00 AM, Mojca Miklavec
<mojca.miklavec.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>  c) building
>> on FreeBSD I need some hacks to build pdftex and xetex, but it's  unrelated
>
> How ugly hacks? I have added plenty of "hacks" to build stuff on Mac
> OS X. If you need source patching I'm not sure if I can help (though
> one can always ask the developers), but if you need some extra
> switches let me know.
No, no extra switches needed.
Hacks are needed by build-xetex if icu is already installed and
build-pdftex to workaround some bashism.

>>> - it's possible to force rebuilding even if versions match
>> Not  through do_all.sh.
>
> My idea was that if something goes wrong, one can still run one step
> after another. It should be easy to force building all the binaries
> through do_all.sh if you need it (but then it needs to be
> "--force-build" to distinguish between forcing building and forcing
> commiting or whatever else).
I agree. That's a great improvement, but my most welcome news is
commit binary succesfully built even if some other fails.

Cheers
--
Diego Depaoli