context team mailing list archive

Re: kpathsea60071.dll missing

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 13:07, Peter Münster wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For the windows installation, it seems that kpathsea60071.dll is needed.
> After copying this file from
> http://minimals.metatex.org/pragma/mswin/texmf-mswin/bin/ by hand, it works
> fine.

I didn't check it under Windows, but I don't understand what exactly
goes wrong. The file is present in
    http://minimals.contextgarden.net/current/bin/xetex/mswin/bin/
so I don't understand why it is missing. (Not very likely, but just to
make sure: did you by any chance manually remove kpathsea*.dll files
for which you thought that they were not old/necessary?)

The file is definitely missing when you don't install XeTeX, but the
file is probably not being used by any other executable, right? Or did
any other executable request the library? (I didn't check that
either.)

Mojca