context team mailing list archive

reporting changes in minimals

Hello,

I'm rewriting the scripts for minimals-building (behing schedule, but
well ... at the moment I'm a bit more worried about the exams than the
conference).

I figured out that I need a way to report any changes that might have
occurred from one update to another (let's say that updating script
figures out that a library has been renamed from kpathseaXYZ.dll to
kpathseaXYW.dll and wants to report that change; in this particular
case I will now go for "just include anything that ends with
kpath*.dll").

The list would then be checked manually every now and then either by
me or other volunteers - that would slightly reduce the risk of
completely broken installations (for example when the Polish
completely rename the font folders from "public" to "nowacki" etc, it
would not to unnoticed until somebody gets a broken installation).

One question - what way of reporting the changes is:
- relatively easy to implement
- even more important: easy to review (that is: no zillions of emails
in mailbox)

I would like to have a few different layers of importance (for example
one full log that would tell me when some file has been changed; one
file that would notify of new & deleted files, one log that would
report errors etc., one report that would tell me "a new context beta
is available", one report for "the basic test for minimals
experimental has failed" etc.)

PS for Taco: do we need the following two files frow W32TeX:
- bin/lib/lua/bit.dll
- bin/lib/lua/lxp.dll

Mojca

Follow ups