context team mailing list archive

Re: messing up with SVN

Dear builders (in particular Piotr and Michael),

The scripts should be fixed now. At least I hope so. Please make sure to do
   svn up
before running the scripts again since there are some vital changes
that are needed to account for the changes.

List of changes:
- remove building xetex, pdftex and luatex_trunk by default (but you
may still build them; pdftex and xetex will still be sent to server,
while luatex_trunk will not as it makes no sense to store it on
server)
- I have removed "current" in hierarchy (dropped one level)
- a copy of the latest luatex now resides in <arch>/luatex/current
together with some symlinks
- some symlinks (dviluatex, mfplain) won't be used in minimals, but
they are needed for the new TeX Live.

I would be glad if at least Piotr and Michael would test if everything
works fine (since there is luatex waiting to be updated) until it
breaks for everyone :). Cygwin is probably abandoned? Pavneet
promissed to provide binaries for sparc solaris. The rest will have
the first opportunity to test only once the new luatex or metapost
comes out.

You are still welcome to try out building trunk, pdftex or xetex every
now and then, but since the developers are hardly responsive to fix
bugs and since building xetex and pdftex is broken on at least half of
the platforms, it makes no sense to build them on regular basis.

Some news may follow shortly.

Mojca

My TODO list:
- [low priority] add pdftools to building chain
- [middle-low] add showttf to building chain
- [high] add mswin to SVN
- [low] inherit options from top level to other scripts, so that it
will be possible to run "./do_all.sh --engines=xetex,luatex_trunk" for
example
- [high] add the missing platforms to tlcontrib.metatex.org
- [high] implement automatic notifications for tlcontrib.metatex.org
(a simple script)
- [middle-high] have shared ownership for tlcontrib, so that both me
and you will be able to fix packages on tlcontrib
- [middle-low] solaris-sparc