context team mailing list archive

announcing server change, possible downtime

Dear ConTeXt-ers,

in the following days we will piecewise move parts of old server to a
new machine (this will happen once again, but this time it might be
slightly more dramatic change). Thus I would like to ask you to be
patient if something stops working.

The wiki has already been moved, so this should not be a problem. Some
sites will be reorganized, but I will inform you about details. In
particular, minimals will also change, but details will follow.

One thing that might be a tiny bit problematic are SVN repositories.
We need to upgrade them from SVN 1.5 to 1.7, so anyone using SVN
repositories from garden *might* need to do a fresh checkout. I didn't
test anything yet though, I only know that I had problems with the
client on my machine now that MacPorts upgraded SVN. (I have also
found a weird bug in 1.7.1 client.) I have no idea how server-side
upgrades behave on clients. This should more or less affect only me,
Taco and those who build binaries for minimals. Plus those who work on
meeting/group website occasionally.

Mojca