credativ team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #184223]: OpenERP 6.1 software stack and startup resources

Question #184223 on OpenERP Server changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+question/184223

Numérigraphe proposed the following answer:
Le 10/01/2012 03:50, Jonathan Vargas a écrit :
> 1. Is it safe now to start using 6.1's trunk for production? Or are still critical bugs?
If it was safe, 6.1 would be released wouldn't it?
But you can check https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons and see
if it's OK for you to take the risk.
> 2. I plan to use ubuntu-server 11.10, are the nightly DEB's builds recommended for this?
I you go for the trunk you'll be better off with bzr branches, since
every update will probably require manual intervention on your instances.
> 3. If I want to use trunk version without using DEB's, which software stack/versions/dependencies would I need?
The docs for v6 should be mostly up to date except for the web client maybe.
Otherwise check the bzr branch of the 6.1 docs :
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-community/openobject-doc/6.1
> 4. Where is an updated install manual for 6.1, server and clients?
It is (or will eventually be) in the bzr branch of the docs for 6.1.
> 5. When 6.1 will be publicily released?
When the trunk will be "safe" :) which means fixing the important bugs
and examining the propositions from the community.
> 6. When will a newer stable version, greater than 6.1, be released?
I think the target is to release a version every 6 months.

Your,
Lionel.

OpenERP Framework Experts, which is an answer contact for OpenERP
Server.