credativ team mailing list archive

Re: lp:~sylvain-legal/openupgrade-server/three-functions-for-addons-migration into lp:openupgrade-server

Hi Stefan,

1. First sorry for the copyright. I just didn't have idea what to write because for me there is no one Copyright but many. for exemple I write something, you review it and fix something else. My point of view is that is a community copyright. But ok.
--> updated. (rev 4619)

2. For the warn_possible_dataloss. For me the use case is the following :
- I provide a 6.1 database with 'product' module installed but without 'purchase'.
- The users fill the field 'purchase_ok' because it's available. (some product values to True, other to False)
- I realize the migration to 7.0.
- I clean up the DB after. (deleting unused field, like you said in your comment https://answers.launchpad.net/openupgrade-server/+question/230898)
- There is a Data Loss.

The warn_possible_dataloss is usefull for that. After the migration, reading log, (it's just warning), maybe i'll install 'purchase' before cleaning up the DB. (It's a choice)

I agree to say that it's a kind of theorical problem because using 'purchase_ok' without 'purchase' module installed is not very usefull but it's possible problem.

3. about cr.execute() call, thank you.
--> updated. (rev 4619)
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~sylvain-legal/openupgrade-server/three-functions-for-addons-migration/+merge/174668
Your team OpenUpgrade Committers is subscribed to branch lp:openupgrade-server.