credativ team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~sylvain-legal/openupgrade-addons/7.0_l10n_fr_2 into lp:openupgrade-addons

Hi.

regarding Stefan's comment :
My point of view is :
- in most cases, migrate or not migrate template object will not change nothing because it's not possible by interface to change template values ;

- As stefan said, if we create tax for a company before migration, the migration script will not change tax object. (only tax.template)

- Maybe in a specific case, if a developper did a change in the database in a tax.template record (or by specific module), the result will not be se same during migration ;

- It's "more right" to migrate template (i.e : change xml_id instead of delete and recreate) because this is the same object. It's conceptually the same that base.user_admin renamed by base.user_root or other ;

- It's really not important for me. If OpenUpgrade commiters prefere not to migrate template, I'll change my code.

My 2 cents.

Thanks for your reviews and your helpfull comments.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~sylvain-legal/openupgrade-addons/7.0_l10n_fr_2/+merge/184754
Your team OpenUpgrade Committers is subscribed to branch lp:openupgrade-addons.