credativ team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~sylvain-legal/openupgrade-addons/7.0-procurement into lp:openupgrade-addons

Hi.

Thanks for your review.

About the possibility to have data from uninstalled modules after the openupgrade operation, I think that we can use the same kind of function that "warn_possible_dataloss" ('openerp/openupgrade/openupgrade.py') added here https://code.launchpad.net/~therp-nl/openupgrade-server/three-functions-for-addons-migration/+merge/175790.

The function could have the following algorithm :

if the new module ('project_mrp') is installed :
  # No problem.
else :
  if there is no record in that state ('act_produce_service') :
    # No problem. Isn't it ?
  else :
    # There is a problem
    Solution A : just warn the administrator. "WARNING : You have 53 records in an orphaned state"
    Solution B : Openupgrade install 'project_mrp' module ;

I maybe prefer the A solution.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~sylvain-legal/openupgrade-addons/7.0-procurement/+merge/184206
Your team OpenUpgrade Committers is subscribed to branch lp:openupgrade-addons.