credativ team mailing list archive

[Merge] lp:~therp-nl/openupgrade-server/7.0-move_the_docs into lp:openupgrade-server

The proposal to merge lp:~therp-nl/openupgrade-server/7.0-move_the_docs into lp:openupgrade-server has been updated.

Description changed to:

I'm proposing to move the docs to our own hosted https://doc.therp.nl/openupgrade. We have set up a nightly build process, so the docs are guaranteed to keep updated.

Readthedocs.org is a nice service, but in order to use Autodoc you need to configure a virtualenv and it has only worked for a very short time before it breaks again. Due to the lack of debug info, the reason for that was always unclear. Apart from that, bzr support has now been broken for 7 months[1] and the docs have not been updated during that time. I feel a bit bad about that last reason as I could probably have a look into that and try to fix the Readthedocs code, but it would not fix the first problem.

Apart from that, some general improvements in the docs.

[1] https://github.com/rtfd/readthedocs.org/issues/435#issuecomment-22916939

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~therp-nl/openupgrade-server/7.0-move_the_docs/+merge/208775
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~therp-nl/openupgrade-server/7.0-move_the_docs/+merge/208775
Your team OpenUpgrade Committers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~therp-nl/openupgrade-server/7.0-move_the_docs into lp:openupgrade-server.