credativ team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~akretion-team/openupgrade-addons/61-to-70-document into lp:openupgrade-addons

Hi,

I don't use storage by filesystem for own database for the moment. So I didn't have the problem when I realized my 5.0 -> 6.1 migration and 6.1 -> 7.0.

However, I think that moving files will not work in many cases. As said, depending of OS, space on disk, access right, but mainly because in some cases OpenUpgrade Server is not the production server for some reasons:

1/ You don't have access to the server: Your customer manage his server and send you his database (anonymized or not) to migrate it. (As OpenERP S.A. does)
2/ You have access to the server but prefer to run openupgrade locally or on another server for some reasons.(to do tests, to avoid to install OpenUpgrade on the server because it is a non-production server, etc...)

So The only thing that will allways work is to put a warning in OpenUpgrade log file for the user that upgrade the system.

Regards.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~akretion-team/openupgrade-addons/61-to-70-document/+merge/221970
Your team OpenUpgrade Committers is subscribed to branch lp:openupgrade-addons.