Mailing list is open

Hello all

Welcome to the Cuneiform Linux mailing list. Any discussion on Linux
and general portability issues is welcome.

To get things started, I'm going to write a bit about the current
status of Cuneiform Linux port.

- version 0.3 works on Linux and OS X, on i386 and amd64 processors
- the code does not work on Windows, but making it work should be
relatively straightforward (if someone has experience with MinGW, I'd
love to get patches for this)
- all features of the Windows version should work on Linux except for RTF output
- I'm thinking of adding chapter bounding box information to HTML,
probably using hOCR format
- Cuneiform in its current form should be ready for inclusion to Linux
distributions, but I don't have the time or necessary experience to do
packaging, so volunteers are required