Status and next release

Hi

It's been a bit quiet recently, so I figured I'd write a short mail
about the state and future of the project.

There have been several improvements since the last release, such as
bug fixing, UTF-8 and hOCR output mode. The biggest unsolved issue at
the moment is the backport to Windows using MinGW. Currently it
compiles and links, but does not work yet. I haven't been able to work
on it lately but I'm hoping to get it working soon. Then again, I have
very little win32 programming knowledge so any help would be gladly
accepted.

Once win32 is working, I'll merge it back to trunk, stabilize things
and then release a new version. AFAICS this should have almost 100% of
the features that the original Windows binary had (except for table
recognition, which has not yet been released as open source).

Follow ups