Re: Backup files in version control

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Robert Wohlrab <robert.wohlrab@xxxxxx> wrote:

> I noticed that there is a backup file in version control -
> cuneiform_src/Kern/itigerole/sources/tiger/h/cttypes.h.bak
> Can it be removed? Different packaging systems would go "crazy" otherwise.

Removed it. Thanks.

> There is also a directory with the name Addfiles. Inside are non-GPL2 files.
> Are they needed for Windows build or why are they there? This could prevent
> the original tar to get into ubuntu/debian.

Cuneiform is not GPL, it is BSD. That directory contains leftover
stuff from the Windows version, such as a DCOM component, sample code
and other such stuff. I don't know exactly what they are supposed to
do, as I have very little Windows knowledge. I have decided not to
remove them, because I want to preserve the full functionality of the
Windows version in case the projects are ever merged.

Cuneiform has already been uploaded to Debian experimental. Thanks to
Daniel Baumann for doing the packaging. He seems to have removed that
directory in his source package.

For further info see here: