Re: Try build in MSVS2008

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Aleks Kuzemko <kuzemkoa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I run Cmake then I open cuneiform.sln in MSVS2008.
> I dont found 'Do not produce lib' in project property. I use russian Visual
> Studio Team System 2008

In case someone else wants to try compiling Cuneiform Linux using MSVC
 (which, as noted above does NOT yet work), here's how to do it.

Check out the latest bazaar branch from Launchpad. Release versions do not work.

Run CMake. Point it to the source directory you just checked out.
Select build tree location that is somewhere else, that is, you should
not and can not build inside your source tree.

Select "Visual studio [the version you are using] project files".
Click "config", then "generate". (Or something like that, this is from
memory.)

In your selected build tree, there are now project files for Visual
Studio, open them by double clicking or via file->open from VS.

Select "Build solution (F7)". It should start compiling.

Eventually it stops with errors. Patches to fix them are most welcome.