Re: Code style discussion

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 11:43 +0200, Jussi Pakkanen wrote:

> Don't all proper editors do this regardless of where the braces are?
> Emacs at least does brace matching this way.

I'd second that. I find it extremely annoying to read stuff like

if (...)
{
    // ...
}

It's a complete vaste of space and does not enhance the readability of
the code. I frequently use Midnight and FAR + Colorer as the code
editors and their brace matching algorithm perfectly understands either
form.

> There is still the question whether we should have
> sum = a + b * c;
> or
> sum = a + b*c;
> The latter makes operator precedence more clear.

It's up to you. I'd prefer the first one, because it's too much thinking
if you don't have auto-formatting, but well, you arguments are sensible.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev