Re: Planning a new release

Hi, Jussi!

On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 11:39 +0300, Jussi Pakkanen wrote:
> There may be an issue with character values > 127 that are in the
> code. Probably they will show up as the unicode "unknown symbol"
> character but since C compilers ignore encodings and just treat files
> as a byte stream, it should still work. If this causes problems we can
> replace the problematic values with proper character escape codes.

Hmmm... so is there a way to convert comments-only or you are going to
write your own set of scripts? Is the whole process going to be
something like:

1) Strip comments
2) Compute md5
3) Convert comments
4) Strip comments
5) Compute md5
6) See if it matches

?

> > Is source codes in win-1251 realy so bad? (I have lack of experience in this
> > field)
>
> The main problem is that it looks very ugly. Here is a random sample:

The main problem is that not only it *looks* horrible, but also it's not
actually *readable* (at least if you can read Russian, and even if you
can't - Google Translate to the rescue!).

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev