Re: strange files in cuneiform

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 11:08 AM, abrek <abrek@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> there are many binary files located in the directory Addfiles. some of
> them are even quite large (5.8 M). these files do not seem to be useful
> for the project. any reason for their inclusion? if not, maybe Jussi can
> remove them in order not to garbage the distribution?

I have purposefully not gotten rid of them because I want to keep
everything as close as possible to Cognitive's version. And also
because I don't really know what they do.

A quick look shows some exe files. These can be all deleted I think.
Then there is sample.pch which I think are precompiled headers. This
should go as well. Then there are a bunch of MS things that I don't
know anything about with extensions such as:

pdb
idb
brp (file says this is a 'VMS Alpha executable')
aps
ilk

And so on. What are these and can we just get rid of them?

As for me personally, I have no problem deleting the entire Addfiles
subdirectory, but I'd need to hear from someone at Cognitive first.