Re: Checked in basic User Dictionary support

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 01:19:08AM +0300, Jussi Pakkanen wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 3:21 AM, Ben Jackson<ben@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > "Compile" this to a user dictionary using the new utility. ?This must be
> > done as root (or at least with write perms to /usr/local/share/cuneiform)
> > because the path components are added internally by the library):
> >
> > ? ? ? ?$ sudo cuneiform-dict -l <lang> -o <name>.voc wordlist.txt
>
> Just a quick note to you all: don't run these kinds of commands as
> root. First you compile the dict and only then do a 'sudo cp ...'.

That's an excellent idea, but it won't work.  You'll have to do it the
way I described until someone modifies the path handling to support
local files.  As it stands it will always prepend the data dir to
whatever you supply, even if it starts with a leading /.

> You might want to look at the function open_data_file in cfcompat.c

Yes, I already fixed a bug in that.  But I don't call it directly by
a long shot.  Intervening library functions add the path component.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>